Levitra (vardenafil) is a drug used in erectile dysfunction therapy. With its effects lasting for 4 hours, Levitra is taken approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity. The drug has been proven to be effective in patients with diabetes type 2 and non-responders to other ED formulas. Levitra has an added benefit of improving the condition called premature ejaculation.
Generic Levitra: Types, Side Effects, Branded Version
There’s the whole gamut of medications for treatment of erectile dysfunction, but brand drugs are so expensive that you can spend a fortune on them. What’s the way out? Try Levitra – a generic medication with the same effectiveness and components as many other ED drugs. This is a true find for men who want a comprehensive ED treatment, but aren’t willing to dig into purse for that.
You have no idea what Levitra is? It’s time to answer the most popular questions about this wonderful medication. That will be a true discovery for you!
So, Levitra and Viagra aren’t the same thing?
Levitra is a new, FDA-approved impotence drug that treats male erectile dysfunction. According to a recent news release by Bayer/GSK, ninety percent (90%) of men reported improved erections. Unlike Viagra, it has a different active component – Vardenafil. Like Sildenafil, it’s also a PDE5 inhibitor, but has a slightly different effect.
It is mostly produced in the form of pills and is prescribed for men 18-70 years old to restore normal erection and improve sexual life. As a rule, the drug is used before sexual act in recreational purposes, however, some types of Levitra are suitable for long-term treatment of erectile dysfunction. As we’ve mentioned, in its essence, Levitra is a PDE5 inhibitor: it suppresses enzyme PDE5 that restricts blood flow to penile tissues and prevents relaxation of muscles. Vardenafil, the active component of Levitra, promotes better blood supply to cavernous bodies of penis and makes erection last as long as a man needs.
It can greatly improve the quality of sexual intercourse due to the following effects:
- Relaxes penile tissues and maintains sufficient blood flow in sexual organs.
- Boosts penis sensitivity, which makes sexual intercourse more pleasant and helps to reach intense orgasms easier.
- Accelerates the recovery interval between ejaculations, and allows reaching several orgasms during a short life span.
- Improves control over erection and can even slightly decrease the size of erected penis.
All in all, Levitra is a strong medication that can be used for ED treatment, no matter what it’s been caused by.
What makes it better than Viagra?
A Levitra pill may produce effect as quickly as in 25 minutes and may work for up to 24 hours! It’s 6 times longer than usual Viagra!
Who should NOT use Levitra?
You shouldn’t use Levitra if the following is your case:
- Take nitrate-containing drugs for heart conditions.
- Take medicines called alpha blockers, such as Cardura, for high blood pressure or enlarged prostate.
- Recent heart attack or stroke who have very low blood pressure or uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Patients with a rare heart condition known as QT prolongation.
DISCLAIMER: The data provided in the article is posted for informational goals only and cannot be used for diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions without consultation with a medical specialist. The online Pharmacy does not provide treatment guidelines or official medical services. The website does not hold responsibility for the use of data provided in the articles. Always consult your doctor before using the data published on this page.