Kidney Health Clinic
Battle Creek Health System is the only hospital in Southwest Michigan offering all of these services under one roof:
- Access to a full-time, board certified nephrologist (kidney disease specialist).
- Extended dialysis hours to meet your busy schedule.
- State-of-the-art equipment.
- Comfortable treatment stations with individual televisions, deluxe lounger chairs, and built in chair scales.
- Peritoneal and hemodialysis services.
- Ultraviolet Light Therapy same day appointments for patients suffering from “dialysis itch.”
- Access to our cardiac disease experts for lifestyle modification education.
- Cardiac disease maintenance and exercise therapy.
- On-site Pain Management Center for relief of the chronic pain experienced by many kidney patients.
- Immediate access to all hospital services.
- Bone Density screenings for patients with an increased risk of osteoporosis, plus referrals to new drug therapies for treating osteoporosis.
- Coordinated home care and long term care services.
At the heart of the Kidney Health Clinic is our newest medical staff member, George Adam, M.D. Dr. Adam is board certified in both Nephrology (Kidney Disease) and Internal Medicine.
He is trained in clinical nephrology, kidney transplants, hemodialysis, CVVH, and peritoneal dialysis. Dr. Adam joins us after completing his Nephrology Fellowship at Winthrop
University Hospital in Mineola, Long Island, NY, and serving for over two years as an internist and consulting nephrologist at Iuka Hospital and The Segars Clinic in Iuka, Mississippi.