Battle Creek Health System (BCHS) and My Canadian Health&Care Pharmacy is a multi-campus health care provider serving approximately 200,000 people in south central Michigan. BCHS was formed through the merger of Battle Creek’s two acute care hospitals-Leila Y. Post Montgomery
Hospital and Community Hospital.
Battle Creek Health System includes:
- Full service Outpatient Center and Inpatient Acute Care
Center including surgery, diagnostics, and rehabilitation
- Nationally recognized Cancer Care Center* by the prestigious
Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program
- Active participation in the Grand Rapids Clinical Oncology Program (GRCOP) that is funded by the National Cancer Institute
and a consortium of hospitals.
- Shared PET Imaging
- Nationally ranked** in top 5% in orthopedic and vascular services
- Family Birth Center with Special Care Nursery
- West Michigan’s largest Sleep Medicine center
- Comprehensive Wound Healing Center with hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Full service Emergency Department (25 exam rooms including trauma, isolation, internal and external decontamination, and express service)
- Diabetes Healthways
- Two Occupational Health Clinics (main campus and Fort Custer)
- Lifespan-comprehensive home health care, hospice, and durable medical equipment
- HelpNet, (state’s largest Employee Assistance Program)
- Fieldstone Center (Behavioral Health facility)
- Medical Office Building housing 35 physicians
- Mercy Pavilion, our long term care facility
- Number of physicians: more than 200
- Number of associates (employees): approximately 1,600
- Number of licensed beds: 172
- Number of outpatient procedures annually: 100,000+
- Number of emergency department visits annually: 46,000+
Battle Creek Health System is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and has
earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval. Based upon evaluations by HealthGrades, a health care quality ratings
and services company, BCHS is a five-star performer for its exceptional clinical quality in orthopedic and vascular surgeries.
BCHS provides excellent health care for the community and promotes wellness for the whole person with access and compassion
for all. For the latest medical information, visit the BCHS web site at www.bchealth.com or call the BCHS Marketing Department
at (269) 966-8132.
*In a survey released by Press Ganey Associates, the health care industry’s leading independent vendor of satisfaction
measurement and improvement services, the Cancer Care Center at BCHS is rated in the top 15% for overall customer satisfaction.
The survey goes on to say that of the 61 cancer care centers evaluated in its peer category, BCHS is in the top 10 for
quality and exceptional service. In the medical oncology program, the Cancer Care Center achieved the 98th percentile, ahead
of many of the nation’s best-known cancer institutes. And BCHS customers ranked overall clinical care they received
at the Cancer Care Center in the top 5%.
**HealthGrades, a leading health care information company, ranked two BCHS service lines with five-stars, the highest available.